DataSet filtering for getting latest records

I want to apply a filter on DataSet so that only latest records should be presente in the DataSet. For e.g.
if table has following rows

CustId    OrderId     CallDate
123         1             1 Jun 2022
123         1             2 Jun 2022
123         1             3 Jun 2022
123         2             2 Jun 2022
123         2             4 Jun 2022
456         5             3 Jun 2022
789         6             2 Jun 2022
789         6             5 Jun 2022

After applying a filter I should get

CustId   CallType  CallDate
123         1             3 Jun 2022
123         2             4 Jun 2022
456         5             3 Jun 2022
789         6             5 Jun 2022

I have to create a further analysis and visual on top of this data. Hence I am want to apply a filter at time of Data Preperation state.
How to do this? Please help.

Thank you for reaching out. Please follow the instructions from QuickSight user guide. Hope this will help.

Hi, I know how to add the filter in dataset and analysis. I need filter out the only latest rows given base data. (For e.g. in the given table, I wated to filter out latest row by CaollDate for each available combination of CustId and OrderId.) I wanted to know, which function or conditions need to be added in which filter for that.

The artical you suggested is very basic and generic. It is not addressing the use case I am looking for.

Based on the information shared, if you are just looking for the rows after a particular date, based on CallDate then it just need basic filter.

However, if you are looking to combine with other filters based on some other columns then you should be able to do that as well. As you can see in my screenshot below. You will need to click on top to add filter. Hope this helps.

If this still does not work for you then please elaborate more on your use case.

Hi, @ipru26163. Did @Dev’s solution work for you? I am marking their reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community Q&A Forum!