Dataset load failure

MicrosoftTeams-image (5)
A dataset I’m using in an analysis randomly began to fail. I get this error when trying to reload the dataset and saving and publishing it to an analysis. There is no issue with permissions to the dataset. I tried duplicating the dataset and reloading it and it still failed.

Hi @dcoletta

This is an odd error. When you say ‘reload’ the dataset, do you mean when you ‘Save & Publish’?
Do you see a preview of the data? Is this a SPICE or directquery dataset?

I would begin troubleshooting by checking the tables/preview and source of the data - db, connection, credentials, schema, etc. Is it possible that anything changed there?

Next we could look at calculated fields.

Let me know if any of this helps and if not - some answers to the above so we can continue exploring what could be causing this.

Thanks
Ramon Lopez

When I say reload, I mean remove the dataset (that has an error) from this page and put it back. The error occurs when I hit ‘Save & Publish’. I am able to see a preview of the data and the data is a direct query. I have checked the source of the data and everything is in order, nothing has changed.

Noted. I unfortunately believe this might require further troubleshooting as from the screenshot and info provided I’m not able to guide you on what could be going wrong. I did some quick testing to attempt to recreate and did not get any errors.

I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Ramon Lopez

1 Like