Dataset showing as null in analysis

I have a data set which is ingested fine into QuickSight, but when used in an analysis it displays all items as having null values for all fields (see screenshot). This dataset refreshes daily, has had no schema or field type changes, and has worked fine up until last week when it broke.

Summary:

• I can see the data correctly in the table preview when editing the dataset
  • The refresh has 100% success rate, no skipped rows
  • There are no filters or parameters on the dataset
  • When creating a new analysis for the dataset I get back no data, so it’s nothing related to the analysis it is being used in specifically

Any suggestions to resolve would be incredibly helpful, thanks!

Hi @aharding

Can you try below options.

1. try changing the filed data type in dataset and check if that visual starts showing the data.
  2. Create new dataset from same source and update the analysis the new dataset.

If that doesn’t work, I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi @Ashok.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to resolve the issue by removing calculated fields from the original data source, creating a new dataset from this source, re-adding the calculated fields into here and using this data source in my analysis.

It’s odd as there is no difference to the resulting dataset and this setup previously worked, but having the calculated fields on the data source appears to have been the issue.

Hi @Ashok

The issue appears to have reappeared, with the solution being to manually update a random column data type, save and publish, then revert back to the original data type. Do you have any suggestions to resolve this please, or would contacting support be the next option?

Thanks

Hi @aharding

Since the issue is reappearing, I would recommend contacting support is best option to get it resolved.

Thanks

1 Like