DataSet versions in cli

You can leverage versions for datasets when using the UI, however is there any way of managing dataset versions when using awscli quicksight?

Many thanks.

Hi,

Some couple of weeks, AWS launches the version controls for dataset. But we need to convert old dataset into new dataset. This feature is available on new dataset.

How to replace dataset you can see this video. this may help you.

Thanks for your response @Naveed! but my question is how to leverage version controls for datasets using quicksight command line interface: quicksight — AWS CLI 2.7.35 Command Reference

Saludos @jolivares

Can you help me understand what exactly are you looking to do with versions programmatically via CLI?? what type of process are you looking to perform.

thanks!
Ramon

Hi @Ramon_Lopez

My app has some datasets based on tables which can evolve at runtime. Those tables can get new columns, so I was looking at a way of evolving my datasets programatically: whenever my code modify some table definition it will also modify the underlying datasets.

Dataset versioning looked like the right way to go, for that reason I was asking if there’s a way to do it programatically.

Hi @jolivares

Understood. At the moment best way to accomplish your goal of updating a dataset is via the AWS CLI, as described by Naveed.

When updating the Schema (adding a column), a new version will be created. BUT it is not accessible via the CLI.

It is a know gap and will be looked at next year if there is more demand for it.

Thanks!
Ramon Lopez

1 Like