DataSource Unable to Connect - Aurora Serverless v2 Postgres v14 on VPC

I’m receiving an error:

The authentication type 10 is not supported. Check that you have configured the pg_hba.conf file to include the client’s IP address or subnet, and that it is using an authentication scheme supported by the driver.

I have found references in other posts My QuickSight cannot connect to RDS PostgreSQL DB via VPC that this is related to Postgres 14 using SCRAM vs MD5 for passwords.

There are some “workarounds” posted but that involves hacking Postgres back to using a less secure MD5 but that is a non starter for my company.

I’m confused why Quicksight isn’t supporting connecting to a standard AWS Configuration on Aurora v2 Postgres. You would think you’d want a new customer who just setup a new RDS Postgres DB to have a basic RDS Quicksight Connection work pretty smoothly.

Is this something QuickSight is planning to address to support connections to AWS Supported Postgres versions without having to manually revert Postgres to a less secure password encryption standard?

Thanks.

I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!