Date manipulation in narrative of insight visuals

Hi team,
I am trying to use narrative to describe data ranges in my dataset (dataset has a data field in day granularity).
However, I am facing some difficulties and could not understand the underlying logic.
For example: after filtering for data between Jan 2 and Jan 15, the count of record is shown as below.

when I go to narrative with:

the output is:
as in the bar graph, the earlist should be Jan 2 and latest should be Jan 15, but is not the case here…
also, thought maximum should reference to Jan 15, but apparently it is reversed.
Can someone help me how to get this correct?

Hi @zoomjin

Min and Max dates shown in the insight are based on value (measure) added or if no measure added, then insight takes count of records as default value to display min and max dates.

In the example you shared, it looks like Jan 3,2023 had highest value and Jan 10, 2023 had lowest values.

Can you share the date and measure value in table format, we can take a look and confirm.

hi @ashok, thank you for the reply. Actually from Jan 2, 2023 to Jan 8,2023 they have the same number of count of records, same for Jan 9,2023 to Jan 15,2023.

Given this, how, if possible, could I use max/min date in narrative.

Hi @zoomjin

Here is a solution if you just want to display min and max dates.

1. Create a rank function for date rank([{Date-Field} ASC],[])
  2. Create Insight with your date-filed in TIME and rank field in the VALUES.
  3. Create same Min and Max insight computation and use rank value for measure.
    This will always to show Maximum and Minimum dates based on selection or what is available from the dataset. Below is the screenshot from what i tested.