Date range for Visuals

Hi ,

I have a requirement where, for example, there are 10 employee records with onboarding and offboarding dates. I need to implement a date range control. For instance, from January 1st, 2024 to April 30th, 2024. Then, in the bar charts, I need to display the count of onboarded and offboarded employees from January to April month wise . I’ve managed to count the onboarded and offboarded employees, but my challenge lies in implementing a single date range so that my visuals can function accordingly. Below is the attached input and expected output.

Thanks,
Srinath

Hello Srinath,

I am afraid, you need to fix date fields as a single date field in the backend or via custom sql.
may be a union of both date fields to capture all data points and if there are duplicates, they could be handle in visuals.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Deep

Hi Deep,

We don’t have much exposure to SQL now due to access issues so just want to check if I can solve it with in the Quicksight analysis.

I have seen similar question Month control selection but I don’t find answer .

Thanks,
Sai

Hello Srinath,

I guess its not possible to that on analysis using multiple date fields that too for a single visuals.
For Single visuals where you want to show the count on bar or line chart for both onboard & offboard, you may need to have single date field to be used in x-axis.
Hence, you would need to fix it either at the backend or use Custom SQL to join the same table in quicksight and then create a dataset based on the custom sql … then use in analysis.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Deep

Hi @Deep ,

I will check on custom SQL about single visual for month on X-Axis.

Is there a way I can have date range period that works for 2 visuals one for onboarded visual and another one for off boarded visual?

For example when I select data range Jan to April then Onboard visual should show how many were hired from Jan to April and vice versa to Off board visual?

Hello Srinath,

Thank you for the response. i am not sure at the moment but you may refer -Calendar filtering based on 2 date fields - #6 by sagmukhe

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Deep