Date Range parameter

Hi,

I am trying to create a date range with two parameters "FROM" and "TO". Is there any way to set the parameter's default to min/max value in the Dataset.

Hello @Yamini_Baskar_24 !

If you are creating date parameters what you could do is use the relative dates option and set the relative dates as far back or forward as you need.

When you say min/max, do you want your reader to determine that or is there a specific range in your data that you want to keep them within?

you may create 2 calculated files in your dataset, maxDate and minDate by using minOver and maxOver function. for instance, in this screenshot, I have created minDate

Then you can use dynamic [default parameter] to assign the minDate value as “From” parameter to all user or all user group (Creating parameter defaults in Amazon QuickSight - Amazon QuickSight)

Hi @royyung ,

Thank you, This was informative but in my scenario we don't maintain any user/group column mapped to the dataset. What would you suggest for this?

you can create one user group and assign all users in there, in the dataset, can create one calculated field for the user group