Decimal .5 shows in dataset, but not showing in analysis

I have decimal fields in my dataset that show .5 and 1.5, but the value of .5 won’t show in my analysis (1.5 shows correctly, but .5 doesn’t). It’s just showing as blank. There aren’t any filters set in my analysis that would exclude this. Does anyone know why this is happening/how I can fix this? Thanks!

Hi @aprimas - Welcome to AWS QuickSight Community and thanks for posting the question. Can you please provide the screenshot of the analysis like whether the fields are in values or group by fields.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

Hi, yes here’s a screenshot of my analysis. The field is included within a table, and the .5 value is missing under the POST Format, Layout, Style column for the 3rd line.

Hi @aprimas - Thanks, can you give the screenshot on the fields and values which are used for this visual.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hi @aprimas - I tested with sample data from my end and all looks ok to me. You have a large data sets and when you are doing group certain columns and extract the sum, i am not 100% sure whether that group contains any values or not. Can we sort the one of the values columns from descending to ensure the issue is with .5 decimals.

Also it will be good if you can raise a ticket to AWS customer support team so that they can validate the issue by a screen share. To raise a request, please use the link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support. If you do not have access, request your aws admin to help you.

Hope this will help you.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Thanks for your help. I sorted the column to confirm the issue is with the .5 value. All other values in that column are displaying correctly. I will raise a ticket with the support team as well. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @aprimas - When you doing sum, 0.5 values may be added… anyway please keep posted on the outcome of AWS ticket. Everything looks ok to me.

@Jesse @Max any feedback from you guys on this.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Detinitely a strange one. Cant think of any reasons why that might be. Im stumped, sorry :frowning:

1 Like

I figured it out. The dataset is pulling from an internal ticketing system we use. Within that system, I changed the field option from .5 to 0.5 (even though it was showing as 0.5 in the dataset when it was fed into QuickSight), but that worked. I updated that and refreshed the dataset, and it’s now visualizing correctly in my analysis as 0.5. Weird, but noted for future scenarios like this. Thanks for your responses and help!

1 Like

Thanks @aprimas , finally the puzzled sorted out. Can you mark your observation as solution so that it can help other community members down the line.

Have a great week ahead.

Regards - Sanjeeb