Delete option not appear

Hi There,
Not able to see delete option, when we search some specific analysis or dashboard, please help.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. When I’m viewing the full list of all analyses or dashboards, there’s a Delete option but if I do a search, the Delete option isn’t available in the search results. If I have a long list of analyses or dashboards, and there’s a specific one I want to delete, I can’t just search for it. I have to sort the full list by name and then go down the list until I find the one I want to delete.

2 Likes

hi @Ashokquicksight it seems to happen when you don’t have the permission to delete the analysis please check with your admin user .

1 Like

@David_Wong - You are correct , when you will search the delete option is not visible.

Down the line i believe there should be fix by quicksight team. For now your approach is valid one, if you want to delete an analysis, click on analysis, sort it and you can see delete option

Regards - San

1 Like

Thanks All,
Am a admin user, so i have a delete access. Pretty sure it’s a bug, if i sort in an order, i can see delete option, but if i do search, option disappears. i have almost 300+analysis, i need to delete by using search criteria. QS team input please

1 Like

@Ashokquicksight Can you use boto 3 api for quicksight and perform the operation as well.

To get all quicksight analysis details see the boto 3 reference -

https://boto3.amazonaws.com/v1/documentation/api/latest/reference/services/quicksight/client/list_analyses.html

To delete quicksight analysis details see the boto3 reference -
https://boto3.amazonaws.com/v1/documentation/api/latest/reference/services/quicksight/client/delete_analysis.html

Regards - San

Thanks for letting us know. I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!