Deleting a namespace

Hi,

I am trying to delete a namespace, and it errors out.

The namespace is empty, just created, so shouldn’t be an issue with any dependencies.

After issuing a delete, it goes into “DELETING” status:

{
            "Name": "namespace-2",
            "Arn": "arn:aws:quicksight:us-east-1:123:namespace/namespace-2",
            "CapacityRegion": "us-east-1",
            "CreationStatus": "DELETING",
            "IdentityStore": "QUICKSIGHT"
        }

After about 30 seconds, it fails with:

{
            "Name": "namespace-2",
            "Arn": "arn:aws:quicksight:us-east-1:123:namespace/namespace-2",
            "CapacityRegion": "us-east-1",
            "CreationStatus": "RETRYABLE_FAILURE",
            "IdentityStore": "QUICKSIGHT",
            "NamespaceError": {
                "Type": "AUTHENTICATION_FAILURE",
                "Message": "Your security token expired or is invalid. Please try again."
            }
        }

I’m using a CDK and a CustomResource, which uses a role.

So I would guess that, perhaps, the role gets deleted quicker than the namespace, and perhaps the session then is no longer valid?

Hi @m0ltar

Can you try deleting namespace using CLI command and check if that deletes the namespace.
CLI : delete-namespace — AWS CLI 1.32.46 Command Reference

If not, I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case.

It does not.

I do not have support enabled on a sandbox account where I am experiencing this issue.

Hello @m0ltar and @Ashok !

@m0ltar were you able to find a solution or workaround for this or are you still facing this problem?

You mentioned that this is happening in a sandbox environment, are you testing this for use in a production environment and if so do you have all settings/permission the same in both accounts? I would recommend an AWS support ticket like @Ashok mentioned, but if possible recreating the issue in an account that has support set up.