Download Granular Data - Action Filter to link Aggregated Pivot Table with Detail Tables

I want to create a detail table use action filter to link with another aggregated pivot table. The end goal is to download granular data. I found the action filter only works for dimensions. In the screenshot below, I found the action filter can only filter for Carrier Group, Scenario, As of Date, Wk/Month but not able to filter for Value Calculations. The detail data cannot filter for 0-30 days open AR or 31-60 days open AR. Instead it will shows All open ARs for specific wk/mo, Carrier Group and Scenario.
Is there a solution to filter for each value calculation?

Hello @yingkz, there is a lot going on here so I will try to provide you with the solution that I think is most likely to work for this scenario.

I’d recommend adding parameters for all of the values that you want to filter the other visual by. Then build a navigation action and have it set those parameters based on the fields that you want to determine the filters. Then it can navigate you to the sheet with the table you are wanting to filter (that can include the same sheet), and make sure that table is filtered by the parameters.

I actually have a video that shows how to set parameter values with navigation actions to help!

Let me know if this helps guide you to the solution you are expecting!

@DylanM Thank you! I look into the video and wondering in my case, will navigation filter solve the issue ‘The detail data cannot filter for 0-30 days open AR or 31-60 days open AR. Instead it will shows All open ARs for specific wk/mo, Carrier Group and Scenario.’ I can create action filter to filter for wk/mo, Carrier Group and Scenario but seems like the action filter is not applied for my calculation: 0-30 days open AR and 31-60 days open AR. 0-30 days open AR and 31-60 days open AR are seperate columns in backend dataset.

Here is one example of my calculation, how can I add 0-30 calculation as a parameter?

0-30:

ifelse({transaction_date} = {latest transact_date_by_Wk/Mo_DetailView}
,ifelse(${ARVolumeAmount}=‘AR Amount ($)’,{0_30_open},{0_30_claimcnt}), 0)

1 Like

Hello @yingkz, you wouldn’t necessarily need to add the calculated field as the parameter, but rather use the parameter value in a calculated field to return the values you are expecting.

How would you want the users to determine whether they are filtering by 0-30 days or 31-60 days? I see that they are individual value columns in the visual. Maybe you could add 2 different navigation actions, 1 named for 0-30 days and another for 31-60 days, and each would set a different parameter value. Create a parameter for each action, set both to a default of something generic like False. Then you can create your action, set the parameters for both on each click but return false for one and true for the other. Then in your calculated field check which is true to display the correct values:

ifelse(${30Day} = 'True' AND (here check the dates to ensure how that range is represented), {value},
${60Day} = 'True' AND (same check but for 31 - 60 day dates), {value},
NULL)

I’ll share screenshots of updating those parameters in the navigation action, also how to use a custom value for the parameter you are setting. Once you configure your ifelse statement, this should handle the filtering how you are wanting.
MenuOptionNavWithParam
CustomParameterValue