Drill down one by one in every expand click

Good morning,

I’ve a pivot table with differents level of granularity at rows, imagine something like Country - State - City - Neighbourhood

My client wants me to implement 2 things:

1. Dashboard should be always start collapsed as a starting point, so, whenever and whoever opens it should be full collapsed.
  2. When I expand the Country ONLY expands at State level, right now, it’s doing a full expand until Neighbourhood.

Can anyone help me to implement the desired solution?

Thanks!

1. When you publish the dashboard you can close the pivot table and it should load the same way you published it.

2. In regards to expanding it one by one. You’ll need to close it one by one first.

Everything open:

First one closed:

Open it back up again

However now I’m going to close one arrival timestamp.

Then close the first column.

Then open the first column.

You’ll notice that the first arrival_timestamp is still closed.

Let me know if that helps you out.

2 Likes

Hi @Max , thanks for your response!

Alright, we are aligned, because that is what I’ve doing. However, would be perfect if, at anytime, a new feature it’s released, so you can select it in the analsys, to always have it collapsed.

Best,

Jose

just want to highlight you can also click on the column header to Collapse or Expand the entire column rather than doing 1 by 1.

2 Likes

Hi @Jose_Siles, Did Max’s solution work for you? I am marking his reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community Q&A Forum!

1 Like