Dropdown Menu Till Date Filter

I want to create a filter for report dates that will filter all visuals. I was able to create the filter but it comes up as a calendar of which you need to manually select a date. I need to create the filter as a dropdown menu with specific dates. I have attempted to create a new column with all of the dates as strings – yes this can filter results for a specific date but my goal is to create a 'til date filter in which it accumulates and adds all numbers till the date I have filtered to. Is there to create a til date filter in the form of a dropdown menu?
Currently I have the filter as type Date and time range and am using a condition of ‘Before’ so that it accumulates the numbers till date and have check marked ‘Include this date’ so that it is essentially adding anything less than or equal to the date selected. This works except I do not want it to appear as a calendar I want a dropdown selection. I also want a dropdown selection of only one date (not to multiselect all dates leading up to the one day I want it filtered to)

Hi @agopal
its the same case as you already posted, right?

BR

Hi, yes I posted there but had posted another reply yesterday and did not get a response. The issue I’m running into is that I need a ‘Til Date’ filter not just a date filter. Meaning when I select a date on the filter it will add up all numbers up to and including that date for all visuals while having it be a dropdown menu. Of course I believe that means I cannot convert the dates to strings to create the dropdown menu as it cannot accumulate all prior dates numbers when converted to strings

I see your reply now!

hi @agopal

Another option is to create a calculated date with a maxdate. You can add partion to the max date to ensure you get the max date per customer, or contract or whatever is needed. Use this value in max date as the filter.

Hope this helps!