Dynamic Company Name in Paginated Report Header

We’re embedding QuickSight into our web application. I’m building a Balance Sheet as a paginated report and I’m wanting the Company Name, Address, City, State, Zip to be in the header of the report. This company information is saved in our database and I simply want the company information in the report header to come from the company info stored in the database. There is only 1 record in this database table.

I’ve created a Parameter called Company Name that gets the Company Name. However, when I add it to the header, it returns All. How would I get it to return the Company Name for the one record that is in the company table instead of returning All?

@bscherzer since this is an embedding use case, you can pass parameter from you host application to QuickSight. In your use case, you can pass company header information as a parameter to QuickSight and use that QuickSight parameter to display in paginated reporting header section using text visual.

Thanks for the reply! I’ve done this and the value it displays in the text is ‘All’. Is it possible to return the Top 1 and return the value for it? There’s only 1 Company record in the table so I’d like it to just display the Company Name instead of All.

I was able to solve this by using the Table visualization and removing the title, column headings, borders, background color, etc. to clean it up and make it look like just text.