Dynamic Dataset Paramters Not working when I append

Hi ,
I created a dataset and used direct query and created dynamic dataset params and set some default value to those. And I used these dynamic params in the query.

My intention is to pass these dynamic parameters from UI to this dataset after generating the registered embeding url from default dashboard with dynamic param values.

It used to work before when I pass these dynamic values to those params from url query params. but it is not working anymore it is always setting to default static values. Can you please help. We are using JAVA sdk.

like this https://us-east-2.quicksight.aws.amazon.com/sn/dashboards/dashbaordId/sheets/sheetId&p.pDSParam1=54454323&p.pDSParam2=AUSSS

Hello @sav0819,

Looks like you need to add a # and not an & between the URL and the parameters, please take a look at the documentation.

Hope this helps!

Yes typo there I used # and followed same doc . But it is not working anymore.

One note :!These are dataset parameters applied at query level.

OK, so the parameters work but they are not applied to the query?

I tried with my dataset and it works fine

Also tried in a specific sheet to see if that was an issue but that also works fine

Anything else to note other than it is using the default static values when passing the parameter?

I didn’t create any control. I just have a dataset param with one default static value and I am using the dataset param key to send dynamic values from url