Dynamic selection of dimensions in pivot table

Hey Everyone,
I have a use case where I wish to list down all the dimensions for the user in a form of filter
and the user can choose which ever and how much ever dimensions to add to the pivot table.

Is this possible, by any chance on Quicksight???

Are you looking to do a filter? or a control based off another visualization?

For the later, you could have a visualization that is a grid that shows all your dimensions. Then you can create a control off that grid and use the selection of any row of the grid to filter the data of a second visualization.

For the former, you could just create a parameter and filter that is added to the sheet that is a multi-select. The filter would be targeted to the visualization in question.

Hey,
In the filed wells of the pivot table, I need to drop all the dimensions at which I wish to see the values.
example

In this case the dimensions in the pivot table are date, page and platform, my concern is that if the user wishes to add more dimensions to this pivot from their end further drill down platform on a dimension of their choice.

Is that possible???

Hey @Jesse ,@emilyzhu
Please help me with the above case.

Hi Ummehaani,

You can do this 1 field at a time using Parameters and a Calculated Field to give the user a control to pick the field they want to add. You would need 1 control per field though (cannot use a single, mutli select control to add several). See this example to learn more (if you mouse on the right you can open the analysis and reverse engineer it to see the calculations and parameters used).
https://democentral.learnquicksight.online/#Dashboard-TipsAndTricks-Interactivity-Dynamic-Dimensions-and-Measures

We are looking at adding this ability for Readers to pick a set of columns to add/remove from a table in the future.

Hey @Jesse ,
This works perfectly fine.
The only struggle with this is the output field can be either a date type or a metric or a dimension…We can’t have a mixture of field types as options for the output field in the ifelse.