Email schedule is not working

Hi

I have created schedules for multiple dashboards that uses the same quicksight datasets. Since few days, the email reports scheduled for the dashboards are not getting sent automatically but receiving a data refresh failed email instead.

I looked into the data refresh log history and did not see any failed instances since the last manual refresh. I also tried initiating manual refresh again but it still does not work.

Please advise on solving this issue. Thanks!

Best,
Jayanth

in the dataset refresh page, can you go to the status and click on “Failed” and see the detail error message? can share what is the error?

h

Hi @royyung ,

The last failed refresh was on 8/28/2023 and the refresh has always been successful since then. I manually refreshed the datasets more than twice after the last failed refresh as suggested in the failed refresh email. But, still the schedule to email the dashboard issue persists.

FYI - The failed error states that the refresh failed due to SlowDown error.

Today, I noticed that the email schedule worked for few dashboards that uses the same data source but few others that uses the same data source still did not work.

I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!