Emailed reports to customers

How can I see how many reports are being emailed out on a weekly basis?

Hello @kilkeran, welcome to the QuickSight Community!

From what I can tell, there isn’t a single place for you to check where it will directly say how many reports you are sending out at any given time. The most likely way for you to be able to check this will be to edit the schedule on each of the dashboards and check the frequency the report is sent out and the number of people it is sent out to. Then manually calculate the total of reports that are going on each week.

I did some digging as well in the API documentation, and can’t find a clear way to check the account for this through the API.

At AWS, our roadmap is primary driven by our customers. Since there doesn’t seem to be a clear solution for this question, I will tag it as a Feature Request. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

If you have any further questions on this topic, please let me know, otherwise I will archive it for our Support Team. Thank you!

Hello @kilkeran, I just wanted to check in and see if you had any follow-up questions on this topic. I will go ahead and tag it as a feature request, and if we do not hear back from you in 3 days I will archive the topic for our support team. Thank you!

Hello @kilkeran, since we have not heard back with any follow-up questions, I will go ahead and archive this topic for our support team. Thank you for your feedback!

Hi @kilkeran,
The Cost and Usage dashboards will have this information for QuickSight. Please see the blog below.