Embedded dashboard state persistence and RLS conflict

Hi,

I have an embedded dashboard in our platform with RLS on the datasets to restrict the data users should see. Users are in different namespaces.

We have tried to enable bookmarks and state persistence as a feature however when we do the dashboard visuals error with ‘Please contact the Quicksight team to solve the issue’. I have tested removing the RLS from one of the datasets and this resolves the issue and the visual loads.

Is there some conflict between RLS and embedded dashboard features like bookmarks and state persistence?

Hello @jonnyp !

I was able to find the blog below on this issue and it should be supported. I would double check the blog to see if you have the correct edition of QuickSight and are in a currently supported region.

Hi @duncan

I have double checked this, I’m using eu-west-1 (Ireland) so should be good but they both seem to conflict with RLS causing an error.

This is only on the embedded dashboards.

1 Like

Hello @jonnyp !

Got it, in that case, and considering the error message you ran into, I would suggest creating an AWS support ticket.

Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf.