ERROR: column "$path" does not exist in c

I am using redshift spectrum as a data source and using a custom sql to create the dataset. i am using “$path” to get path of s3 file , the sql using “$path” works in redshift query editor, but fails in custom sql in quicksight.

Hi @suresh_babu - Welcome to AWS QuickSight community and thanks for posting the question. Can you please share the table name and screenshot of the custom sql for guiding you the right solution. Before using the custom sql in QuickSight directly, it is better to test the sql in Redshift sql editor and validate the data as well.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

@Sanjeeb2022 i did test in redshift and it works. only when i add to custom sql it fails with the mentioned error. the table which i use is from redshift spectrum, that means it is an external table and the data actually stored in s3. and the $path shows the s3 path value for each record the query returns.

1 Like

Hi @suresh_babu - Can you please provide the custom sql to get more details on this issue. Also please check whether QuickSight has the access to S3 or not. Go to User( Top right ) → Manage QuickSight -->Security and Permission → Manage → add your S3 bucket.

If the problem still persists, please raise a ticket to AWS Customer support team so that they can did a detail analysis by screen share. To raise a request, please follow the below link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support

Regards - Sanjeeb