Error in calculated field to find out Average size by Carrier by day

Hi team,

I have a set of data which contains size of the files received on a daily basis per carrier and I have to validate the size comparing with the average size of particular carriers(lets say american airlines-001) coming every Monday for last 6 weeks.

Lets say, the file size coming is 100 mb, the average file size for the last rolling 6 weeks has been calculated (CARRIER_AVG_FILE_SIZE_BY_DAY= avgOver(sum(SizeinMB),[{carr_acctg_cd},days])

as 94 mb.
So, based on below screenshot, the it should validate as file size greater, please check.

But the validation is not happening, its throwing an error saying aggregation mismatch, please let me know what else I need to do, or if there is an alternate option. The sql query is being more complicated , so tried doing through the calculated field.

If sql, please let me know, the syntax, or if there is an easier approach for calculating the field in quicksight.

Hi @dsahu
you could try a “sum(SizeinMB)”.
BR

Hi @dsahu
any update on your side?
BR

Hi Erik,

Yes it worked. Thank you so much! Appreciate it.

Had a couple of questions-

1- How would I see a drop down menu for a particular column a visualization pivot table. so that I can filter out between- 3 categories in a particular column- Good filesize, lower than threshold, upper than threshold. I want a drop-down menu, not a filter option in the left available.

2- Is there a way, once I connect snowflake table to quicksight, Can I make a join with the snowflake table to a previous RDS table in quicksight having common joining column x. Both would be different datasets

Thank you,
Dibyasha

Hi @dsahu

1. I don’t get it. You want to filter out but don’t want a filter? What do you want to do with the drop-down?

2. Yes you can join different data sources in one dataset. But it ends up as a SPICE dataset.

BR

Hi Erik,

If you see the above screenshot, is there a possible way to look for a drop-down in the visual itself to look for different categories of that particular column - FileSizeValidation- The drop down filter should show the 3 options - Good File Size, File size less than threshold, File size greater than threshold, so that we dont have to go to the left of the portal- where there is a filter option below the visuals, to do the same.

Thank you,
Dibyasha

@dsahu
You could put the filter drop-down near to the column header or whatever you want. It don’t has to be on the left of the portal.
Unfortunately there is no filter open at the column header as within Excel.