Error 'No columns are found in the source. (considered as table not found.)' occurs when adding Athen dataset

I am trying to add Athena dataset and it doesn’t show any Athena table. So I check the Athea dataset I created before and it shows the error - ‘No columns are found in the source. (considered as table not found.)’ . Data looks just fine from Athena and I used the exact same dataset from Athena without any issue til yesterday. When I try to add dataset with custom sql instead of Athena, it shows LakeFormation permssion insufficient error.

All the data in my account is controlled by LakeFormation and I’ve granted permission to quicksight-service-role to access Athena db and tables. Of course, permission to access S3 and Athena from QuickSight is granted as well. I am not so sure but It looks like LakeFormation has some issues now as well cause I cannot type anything on the page below.

Please advise what else I can do to fix it.

QuickSight dataset error

QuickSight permission

LakeFormation error

Hi,

In the lake formation have you granted permissions for the respective tables ? Go to lake formation → tables → actions and then permissions. You need to enter the user ARN under the SAML and Amazon Quicksight users and groups. Next you’ll be getting option to choose the tables and you need to grant permissions here.

1 Like

Hi,
I tried it but seems like LakeFormaion has an issue right now.
I can’t enter anything in the box below.

Does it happen to you as well?

Hi,
Not really, Are you providing the right format for the ARN. Please find the documentation for the format. You could also run list-users command to get the right user or group arn.

1 Like