Error while trying to calculate Median/Sum/AVG

Hey,
I have a list of userid’s and their current currency balances (integer)
I segmented them by 8 groups (string groups), and tried to calculate few metrics.
While Min, Max and count functions were successfully calculated, Sum, Median and AVG weren’t.
The error I got is -

“region:us-west-2
timestamp:1656834773564
requestId:1213f5e7-cfb2-4cf1-8125-8cda5b732325
sourceType:SPICE”

Someone has a clue?

Hi! Welcome to the QuickSight Community. Could you share more details of when you are getting this error? Is this happening with a particular visual or with a certain view of the data?

Hey Kelly, thanks for responding.
It’s occurred with all kind of visuals.

Screen-shots to explain the situation better are attached

Here below you can see 4 tables which shows the Max last cm balance and the Median last CM Balance - the left tables grouped by “Groups 2” dimension and the right tables grouped by “Segments groups”.

While the Max aggregation works properly, when I changed the aggregate type to Median instead of Max, the right table grouped by “Segments groups” shows the data correct while the table grouped by “Groups 2” is broken.

Hope that the problem is clear now.

Explore creating the calculations with the LAC-A functions. These allow you to specify at what level to group the computation using one or more dimensions in your dataset.

Median example here: median - Amazon QuickSight

Level-Aware Calculations Documentation - Using level-aware calculations in Amazon QuickSight - Amazon QuickSight

Hey Kelly, Thanks again for responding.
I tried to change the group by level and create a special calculated field for this dimension specific, and unfortunately - it is still shows the same issue.

I assume it is something with the setting/data of this column.
It is too weird that all the rest of the dimensions I have in the data set are working fine, and only this dimension, which seemingly looks the same as other dimensions that are working fine, does not work.
I just can’t understand why.

Hi @Eldad_Levi -

It’s great you are bringing up this issue.

You are most likely running into integer overflow because the amounts you are working with are so large. The Min/Max amounts work but the aggregations needed for SUM and AVG result in the overflow.

See Supported data types and values - Amazon QuickSight

Numeric data

Numeric data includes integers and decimals. Integers with a data type of INT are negative or positive numbers that don’t have a decimal place. QuickSight doesn’t distinguish between large and small integers. Integers over a value of 9007199254740991 or 2^53 - 1 might not display exactly or correctly in a visual.