Event marker on X axis for date

Hi. Does anyone know if there’s a way to add like a vertical reference line to mark a special event that will be manually entered. The reason I need this is for the sales chart, I want to know if there’s any specific event that might have led to the increase/decrease in revenue. Thanks in advance!

Here is something I can think of, although it will highlight the value for a particular day and not be like a straight vertical line.

To get this first create a date parameter and set a default date (this can be your hard coded date or a relative one).

Then make a calculated field to group your values into two colors. One that is not that date. The other being that date.

color date = ifelse(${DateParam}=truncDate(‘DD’,{arrival_timestamp}),‘Marker’,‘Not’)

Then use the same date on the x-axis and color by this color date.

If you add a control you can also change this date if you want to.

Hi @luvis1189, did Max’s solution work for you? I am marking his reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community Q&A Forum!

Thank you Steph. Seems like that would work but I need to check with the requester to see if this is what they want.

Thanks a lot Max. This might work but may get messy if we get a lot of events. I’ll see what the business requester thinks about this