Exporting full data set and/or queries used to display visuals

Hi,

I am trying to find out if Quicksight has the functionality to export the full data set used in a particular visual rather than the grouped / summarized data. For example if I have a data set with 1000 rows behind the scenes and build a visual that groups by state; when I export the data I get 50 rows (1 for each state) with the summarized info by state.

Where I’d like to export the data to .csv and receive all 1000 rows back. Is this functionality available?

If not and I’m using direct query; assumingly each visual has a built query behind the scenes that is used in each visual. Can I export that exact query underlying each visual?

Thanks!

1 Like

You can see entire unaggregated data in QuickSight by using table visual and adding all the fields you need to the “Value” well (don’t add anything to the “Group by” well).

We don’t provide a way to see the queries sent by QuickSight to the data source.

Is this feature available now or in the backlog for upcoming revisions? That is to export the detail records that was used to build the aggregated visualization. This was a very useful feature we are used to in tableau for our analysts to see all the data points once we see the break in the visualization.