Feature Request - Border Functionality for Visuals

Hello!

I would like to propose a new feature for AWS QuickSight that I believe would significantly enhance the usability of dashboards: the ability to select multiple visuals and apply a border around them.

Much like in spreadsheet applications such as Excel and Google Sheets, where we have the option to select multiple cells and apply borders to enhance visual organization and readability, a similar feature in QuickSight could allow us to logically group visuals. This could be particularly beneficial for dashboards where multiple visuals contribute to a common narrative or represent related datasets.

I believe this feature would make a great addition to QuickSight, improving both the aesthetic appeal and the functionality of dashboards. I’d love to hear your thoughts and any feedback on this idea.

All the best,
Thanks, Omri

2 Likes

Hello @omrits, welcome to the QuickSight community!

While it doesn’t exactly handle formatting for borders, something you can utilize is conditional formatting on certain visuals, like tables and pivot tables, to add some customization based on values returned in your table. That is the best work-around currently available for you to get closer to your expected result. I’ll link some documentation below:

Since the exact capabilities you are looking for are not available, I have tagged this as a feature request. Your feedback helps us build a better service. I will archive this topic for our support team. Thank you!