Feature Request: Search resources by Tag

Is there a good way to search a resource (DataSource/DataSet/Analysis/Dashboard/etc) by a tag value?

For example I may have a few tags noting a unique ID and report type. I want to programmatically find that resource so I can make updates when our data set in S3 is updated. The only way to do it now is to list all data sources and loop through them to find them.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

For any of the list-dashboard / dataSource / analysis / dashboard you can pass in a query.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/reference/quicksight/list-dashboards.html

Let me know if this solution helps.

Related to: Question: What are the best practices for managing different different environments? - #3 by ccaspanello

I do not think we can use the --query parameter to search for tags (please correct me if I am wrong).

However, if I prefixed the resource name with prod- or qa- I could start filtering resources for different environments. Though I still would like the ability to filter resources by tag; to me it seems like a cleaner solution and doesn’t impose crazy naming conventions.

I’ll mark this as a feature request.

Thank you for calling this out!