Filter Hierarchy

Hello everyone, Last September I posted a question about filter hierarchy here. You may see the link below.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a solution for this question. It will be amazing to hear any suggestion to solve this problem.

Basically, I have a self-related table and build a company hierarchy. We can have associated values at any level of this hierarchy.

My question is: how to create something great to filter/select any level of this hierarchy to have our dashboard filtered.

thanks for any suggestion.

In the simple example below, it would be great to select Director level to understand cost or manager or even coordinator level.
We can also have costs associated directly at the Director level, which in this case would not be just adding up the levels below the hierarchy.

Comment and thoughts are super welcome.

Hi @woliveiras and thanks for reaching out to the community. I’m sorry that you had to wait for so long on a response but I’m sure that more members will be able to help get this sorted out.

My first recommendation is to try to utilize Quicksight’s cascading filters (linked below). Cascading filters provide a level of functionality that should be able to achieve the goal that you describe.

Let me know if this is helpful or if I’m headed in the wrong direction with my suggestions.

1 Like

Hi, @todd.hoffman. Thank you so much. The QuickSight team is fantastic. I got it. Let me try something, but my concern is the number of levels. It can be dynamic.

1 Like