Filter results from 1 Dataset to another

Hello!
I have 2 datasets which cannot be joined but it does have personid(common to both datasets). I want to know if on selecting a control option. The visuals from both datasets should reflect the change.
eg. Dataset 1 has person id, hospitalization details, hospitalization reason.
Dataset 2 has person id and medication details.
Control is Hospitalization reason. On selecting an option from hospitalization reason(ER, OBGYN, etc). The visual from dataset 1 should show person id and the selected hospitalization reason and corresponding details. The visual from dataset 2 should show those personids (from dataset 1 ) and the corresponding medication they are taking.
If its possible kindly guide me how to do so. I have tried solutions from other posts , I am only able to select one person id from dataset 1 visual and show the person id in the other visual (by using action)

Hi @ghegde
you try to use a combination of parameter and cascading filter.
create a person id parameter and control. the control should be cascading to hosp. reason. both visuals should use the person id parameter.
not 100% sure it will work.
Br

1 Like

Thank you! , Will try that and report back.

1 Like

Hi @ErikG . I tried the solution you mentioned and it works to large extent but the issue I am facing is that I see a lot more personid s in the medication visual(dataset 2) than the visual with the hospitalization details.
I did create a personid parameter and control and hospitalization control as well. So, on selecting any one of the hospitalization reason control , the personid control is filtered to include only for those who are hospitalized due to that reason and the visual 1 (dataset 1) reflects those personid. I would like to know if the visual2 (dataset 2 ) can also change to show those personids and the medication only.

Thnak you!!

@ghegde if dataset 2 contains personids and the medication, yes.