FILTER - TIME STAMP

I’ve time date filter in my Dashboard. This is my sample data for the date -
2022-02-01T00:00:00.000Z

Since I don’t want the timestamp, I tried a few methods and added a calculated field as - truncDate(‘DD’, {MONTH_YEAR})

This helped me removing the time temporarily . But still the filter has the timestamp area, once I choose a date, it defaults choose the time as well -

Is there any way that I can remove this section as well ? Please help.

1 Like

Hello @Naveen1, you can edit the control and remove the formatting for the HH:mm:ss portion of the date selection. That will ensure that the user is only ever selecting a date and not altering the time as well.

If you delete the highlighted section shown in the image below, it should resolve this issue. I will mark this as the solution, but let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thank you!

Hi @DylanM , I’ve already tried this method. It does remove the time from one area of the filter. But the solution I was looking for was different

As you can see here, the time is removed in here

But what I’m trying to achieve is to remove the time stamp when choosing the date in the filter -

Just for reference, adding the screenshot of the change you mentioned

1 Like

Hello @Naveen1, are you creating a filter on a visual and then building the control from the filter? Or are you creating a parameter and building the control from that? It seems like you are setting a filter to the top of your sheet. It won’t look as nice, but if you set a control for your start date parameter and end date parameter seperately, the functionality I suggested above should resolve the issue.

@DylanM Could you please explain it a bit? I’m relatively new on Quicksight and whatever items I’ve created, I had help from Youtube and other documents. It would be really helpful.

1 Like

Hello @Naveen1, of course, I am happy to help!

Basically, you will create 2 parameters in your analysis. For this example I will assume they are called StartDate and EndDate. Both should be set to the type datetime, and you can even add some relative date defaults. In this scenario, I’ll assume the start date will be set to start of this year and end date should be today. Once both parameters are created, you can build a control from them. Click the 3 dots next to StartDate and select Add Control.

Here you will set up 2 different calendar select controls to enter you start date values. You can also manipulate the Date format like I suggested above to exclude HH:mm:ss from the options.

Once both are set up, you will build your Date and Time range filter. Make sure you select the box to use parameters, condition is Between, and the include end date box is checked. Then you can use the StartDate and EndDate parameters as your values. This won’t function exactly the same where the options are linked in 1 calendar, but it will ensure the user cannot manipulate the time value. To assist further, I will also link a YouTube video that our expert @duncan created to explain this process more in depth. Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks a lot @DylanM , just the solution I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to explain and share the video, was really helpful. Appreciate it.

1 Like

Hello @Naveen1, I am happy to help. Thanks for following up!

1 Like