For a table or pivot table can I use the first column values as column headers

Is it possible to use the first column values as column headers that I can assign without it being in a dataset. Or is it possible to add a dataset with another dataset without joining them? I am coming from QlikSense and this is something I was able to do.

Hi Mike. You can rename the headers of a table or pivot table. By click on the visual edit button which looks like a pencil:

You then will see a menu where there are options that have to do with “names” the titles of these options change based on table / pivot table…And that is where you can rename the fields

Hi Lillie, thank you for the suggestion. I dont think I explained myself very well. This us what I am trying to do.

Where the first column is basically whatever values I would like to put in, that identifies the row.

Hi Mike. I see. I don’t know of a way to do this. Let me mark this as a feature request for the appropriate team to take a look at

Thank you for doing that.

@MikeMcLean Not sure if i am missing something, but if you use a pivot table and add Eval No in the Rows field well and Evaluator Name, Staff Name and Score in the Values field well, doesn’t it give you what you want?

Evaluator is just an example, the calculation would be different for each row probably not a good example. Lets say I have rows where I want to calculate the following Sum of cars sold, Sum of Cars Rented, Sum of cars stolen. The columns would be current year, Prior Year. The rows where the values are summed do not exist in the table. So I have no way to add those 3 as row labels. Does that make sense?

Your scenario is still not clear but so far it seems doable:
You would create 3 calculated fields one for each of: Sum of cars sold, Sum of Cars Rented, Sum of cars stolen.

You would add these 3 fields into the Values field well of a Pivot table and change the mode to Row (top right of field well)

Then add the Year field into the Columns field well.

This would give you data as follows

If this is not what you want, then please provide a sample of the dataset and how you would like the final result to look like :slight_smile:

Hi Darcoli, this will explain better what I am trying to do:

The same result as in the first link can be achieved by using a pivot table and adding Eval No in the Rows field well and Evaluator Name , Staff Name and Score in the Values field well.
The second link can be achieved using a Table visual by simply putting each of those fields in the Group By field well.