Full refresh is limited to daily refresh

Hi team,

I have an issue creating a new full refresh schedule for my dataset.
My SPICE dataset does not have any refresh schedule, so I create one and I can’t find the menu for choosing “monthly, weekly, daily, hourly”. As you can see in the image, I can only choose a specific time in a timezone, when I save it will be scheduled daily at that time.

I still have a refresh schedule of another dataset that is hourly and it is still running fine.

Is this a new update from QuickSight? May I get some instructions to schedule a refresh more freely? Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Truc

Hi @tructran

normaly you should have the options.

BR

Hi @tructran

I had run into this issue before. The root cause was the underlying dataset.

In my case I had the following:
a. Dataset 1 based on Custom SQL
b. Dataset 2 based on Custom SQL ( Table 1) and Dataset 1 (Table 2)

When this is the case where you have join with another dataset bincremental refreshes are not allowed. You end up with a full daily refresh.

Refer this thread

Hi all,

Thank you for your answers, they are well appreciated!

I have read the thread from @Giridhar.Prabhu as a research step to solve the issue. However, my dataset is from 1 source only with no custom SQL, basically, it’s just a select * from the database.

I did try to schedule the refresh again as @ErikG suggested. Honestly, I did the same steps and in datasets that I could not set the schedule before but now it is back to the normal interface and I can set the schedule hourly, daily, weekly…!

It seems to be a bug to me at this point. Otherwise, I am looking forward to more suggestions to solve this issue on my end in case it returns.

BR,
Truc

Hi @tructran
Is the issue still happening?
BR

Hi Erik,

This issue is no longer happening. Thank you!

Nice. Could you please solve the topic?