GenBI content through API call

we would like to get the GenBI summary data seprate from the dashbarod…does boto3 provide an API to do this?

Hello @dean.trejo, I just want to confirm something. Are you wanting to get the dashboard visuals without the full dashboard or are you wanting the data from the dataset?

There are ways to retrieve specific visuals for embedding from a dashboard. Here is some documentation on that:

As for the retrieving the data from the dataset from the API, that is not currently possible. You would need to query it directly from the database that you are using as your datasource in QuickSight.

Let me know if the 2nd case is what you are looking for and I can tag this as a feature request. Otherwise, if you were looking for information regarding embedding visuals, please mark my response as the solution. Thank you!

Hello @dean.trejo, I just wanted to reach out and see if my above response was helpful. Let me know if you were able to accomplish what you wanted or if you need me to tag this as a feature request. Thank you!

Hello @dean.trejo, I marked my above response as the solution. If you have further questions on this issue, please post a new topic in the community and link to this question. That will ensure you are at the top of the priority list for a response from one of our QuickSight experts. Thank you!