Generate to PDF export datetime should be equivalent to user's region

Hi All,

There is a request from 1 of our client regarding generate to pdf export for quicksight dashboard . The export pdf displays export timestamp in GMT . The request is to provide this export timestamp based on the user’s region and not in GMT.

Attaching sample screenshot for your reference.
Page1

1 Like

Hello @Rohit_Nikam, I think you can resolve this issue if you go into the analysis that the dashboard is published from, select analysis settings:

Then click the Convert Time Zone slider to set the time zone to their region:

Afterwards, republish the dashboard. Then try to export the pdf again and see if the timezone is displaying as expected. I hope this helps!

Hi @DylanM ,

I have few questions regarding this setting .

1. Can it display timezone based on users region? (Note : Senario is to make it dynamic as I have multiple users in different timezone)
  2. Will it impact fields (timestamp fields) used in visuals?

Hi @DylanM ,

I have tried above settings and following are my observations.

1. The setting is valued based on UTC timezone.
  2. Suppose I have selected region Europe/Paris the timezone value of that region is UTC + 02:00:00 . E.g If UTC is 18-04-2024 04:03:00 then it will show 18-04-2024 06:03:00 .
  3. In export PDF time is changed but it still shows (GMT) as timezone.
  4. The values of datetime fields used in any visual are also changed.
  5. No dynamic option to select this user
1 Like

Hello @Rohit_Nikam, In regards to your first question, this option is not dynamic. When the timezone is selected and the dashboard is published, that dashboard will be set to that timezone. I also believe it will impact the datetime values being returned in your dashboard.

That is interesting though. The datetime value showing on the PDF matches the one you selected, but it is still appended with the GMT tag at the end? That is really odd. Unfortunately though, this is the only option I can think of to alter that value and there really isn’t a dynamic solution to handle it differently.

I can tag this as a feature request though, I know managing timezones differently is important for a lot of users. Let me know if you have any further questions, otherwise I can archive this topic for our support team. Thank you!

Hi @DylanM ,

It will be helpful if the timezone is dynamic based on aws quicksight user region