Generic REST API's datasources

Would it be possible to add a generic data source for REST API’s and ability to use auth to connect to them?

Thanks
David

1 Like

Can you please provide more info on, generic data source for REST APIs ?

Auth to connect to Dashboard or APIs ?

1 Like

We were looking at doing reporting of our cloud Jira data. We looked at the current QuickSight Jira data source connector. That worked but did not supply all the information we needed. The REST API for a Jira ticket web page has the information we want. So, I was looking for a way to use that API from QuickSight.

1 Like

Currently this is not supported in QuickSight. You can try using Appflow to pull data from Jira into S3 or Redshift and can be used for visualization in QuickSight. More information available here : Amazon AppFlow | SaaS Integrations List | Amazon Web Services

At AWS, our roadmap is primarily driven by our customers. Your feedback helps us build a better service. I have noted this in our internal feature request tracker

2 Likes

Thanks. I had not looked at AppFlow yet. At the moment I was looking at writing a simple service to grab that data and store it either in S3 or Redshift. But I will read up on AppFlow and see if that would work better and be cleaner than a service of our own.

1 Like