How can I Setting up Amazon S3 to allow access from a different Amazon QuickSight account?

I need to access a bucket from a different AWS account. I am trying to follow this document Datasets using S3 files in another AWS account - Amazon QuickSight, however I can’t execute step 4 “Choose Add Account, and then enter an email address, or paste in a canonical user ID, for the AWS account that you want to share with. This email address should be the primary one for the AWS account.” The “Add Account” option is not available. Please, anyone know how to solve this problem?

Hi @braga

Can you try using steps in the link below to setup cross account s3 access.

If you want to stick with your current steps, then please check whether the ACLs are enabled for the bucket. For you to update the canonical userid of quicksight account as a grantee, you have to enable and add ACL on the S3 bucket.

Hi @awsvig , thank you for your kind suggestion. I have already enabled ACLs, update the canonical userid, but I still do not see the bucket in the QuickSight environment. I still do not know what is going on. I can see the buckets inside the QuickSight account, however the bucket from the other AWS account is not there… I will keep working in the solution. If you have any other suggestion, would be very welcome. Thanks!

Hi @Ashok , thank you for the link. I will try this procedure and let you know. Thanks!

Hi @braga , Can you please confirm what permissions were added to the canonical userid on the bucket ACL?

Hi @awsvig , sure. Take a look

Hi @braga – Did you check the permissions on each of the file within the bucket (Step#8 of setting up Amazon S3 at Datasets using S3 files in another AWS account - Amazon QuickSight)? They default to ACLs disabled. If you have a lot of files to share, you can instead create an S3 bucket policy on the s3:GetObject action. To use a bucket policy, add it to the bucket permissions, not to the file permissions.

1 Like

Great @awsvig , thank you for your suggestion. There are just few files, I checked the permissions and you were right, the ACL was disabled. I enable the canonical ID and it worked! Thank you!