How can we disable default values start and end date filter?

Dear Community,

I have created a report and have added start and end date filter on field named “initiationtimestamp” and my report have some default values set for these filters. is there a way I can remove these dafaults from these filters so that all the records should be displayed?

Thanks and regards

Hi @musama
Could you share a screenshot of how you have configured your date filter?

Attaching a screenshot of a date filter with no default values and that shows data for the entire timeframe

2 Likes

Hi @musama let us know if the above solves your issue, in which case, please mark it as a solution, and if not, please share more details as requested?

2 Likes

Hi @SD_QS Above solution works fine but the only thing that’s the issue with it that when I select a start and end date in the filter it stores the last value for start and end date and when I reset the filter it does not restore to default to none.

Hi @musama

This is the experience for me:

1. Starts off as in the screenshot below:

2. I apply the filter
    Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 11.29.10

3. And then when I reset using the three dots on the top right, it goes back to the All state

Are you experiencing anything different? Or did I not understand your point?

Thanks.

2 Likes

@SD_QS You’re absolutely right in saying it resets it when I use reset option. but the values in the field do not disappear automatically after reseting it. Is it a limitaion or bug?

Thanks!

Can you share a screenshot of what you mean because for me after I reset it, the old selected values no longer appear.

1 Like

@SD_QS I mean the filter value remains in the box as it is and filter does not go empty. I am talking about the value that we have entered in filter.
screenshot-d1wl4jav5dp96l.cloudfront.net-2023.05.31-16_25_52

yeah but for me it does go away…

I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where the team can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case. Hope this helps!

Please do not forget to mark the initial answer as a solution as it helps other members in the community :slight_smile:

Thanks.

1 Like

Okay, Thanks @SD_QS For helping me out in this case.

2 Likes