How do I create a cloudformation template from an existing quicksight dashboard

How do I create a cloudformation template from an existing quicksight dashboard?
I have a dashboard, and I would like to create a template to upload other dashboards similar to it using cloudformation

1 Like

Hello @Joanne, I will start by saying this is a fairly complex, multi-step process, but I can at least provide some information to get you started. You can create a QuickSight Template from an analysis or dashboard in your QuickSight account.

Then, you reference that template ARN in the Cloudformation template.

Here is a good example of what this process is like with a specific dashboard:

I hope this helps!

Hello @Joanne, since we have not heard back from you, I will mark my last response as the solution. Please let me know if you have any further questions on this issue, and I can help guide you further. Thank you!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I would like to create a cloudformation template for my dashboard because I want to create it in other accounts without having to create it manually, I ended up not being able to test it because it exceeded the size accepted by cloudformation

1 Like

Hello @Joanne, so when you create a template of a dashboard and utilize the definition of the resource, it can become too large to be accepted by cloudformation. Instead, you should use the source template so that it does not exceed the size limitations.