How do you speed up generation of PDF

Embedded dashboard is taking quite a long time to generate PDF. Is there anything that can be done to make this complete more quickly?

Hello @galvantes, in regards to speed, the embedding process can definitely be a little slow to load at times. The QuickSight APIs can take awhile to run and the only work-around I can think of is trying to cache as much as you can in-between API calls.

How long is it currently taking to run?

@DylanM It takes about 40 seconds.

Hello @galvantes, I should be able to test this out and see how long it takes on my end. 40 seconds does seem a little long, but not unheard of. How are you bringing in your data? Is your dataset on SPICE or Direct Query?

Hi @DylanM, it’s SPICE.

Hello @galvantes, how many visuals do you have on your sheet? Also, are you caching your dashboard content on the front end after you pull it from QuickSight. On my end, for a sheet with 5 visuals, it took about 20 seconds.

@DylanM I have 12 visuals. Can you tell me how I can check my cache settings?

Hello @galvantes, my apologies, I was a little off on this. That feature is on demand, so it is all just depending on the amount of data/visuals that need to be processed in the moment for how long that request will take. I can at least tag this topic as a feature request for our support team. Let me know if you have any more follow-up questions on this topic, otherwise I will archive it. Thank you for your feedback!

Hello @galvantes, I know we just started a new week, but I wanted to check in and see if you had any remaining follow-up questions on this topic. If not I will go ahead and archive it for our AWS Support team, I just wanted to make sure you had a chance to ask anything remaining questions if necessary. Thank you!

Hello @galvantes, I will go ahead and archive this topic. If you have any further questions on this, or another issue in QuickSight, please post a new question in the community. That will ensure you are at the top of the priority list for a response from one of our QuickSight experts. Thank you!