How long it takes to index the dataset in topics?

Hi there,

Does anyone know how long QS needs to index the data?
the dataset has only 14K rows and 12 columns, and it has been going on for almost 3 hours.

tagging @DylanM @Kristin

Hey @neelay. Thanks for reaching out!

@apjvinod can you look into this on Monday when you are back in the office and on call? @neelay is one of our Experts. :slight_smile: Thx!

cc: @madihs for visibility.

@Kristin thanks

just an update

it still showing in progress.

another update

It is still in progress after 24 hours.

Hi @neelay

Thanks for raising it up , looks like index creation step got stuck . Index creation will take additional time on high cardinality columns and Direct Query datasets. Please find more details in the below post on optimizing index creation time.

But in this case of smaller dataset (14K) would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further.
Here are the steps to open a support case - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support 1. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account.
They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf.

If you could ping me Account Id , Topic Id & region separately will also check with internal team and to check the logs & analyze it further.

Thanks
Vinod

1 Like

Thanks @apjvinod.

@neelay, I am assuming you may already have this, but just in case, here is the link with info on creating a Support Case. Our Customer Support team can dive into details – and review logs which the Community Team does not have access to.

Hope this helps and that this issue gets resolved soon.

Kristin

Thanks

technical support is not available under the basic support plan.

hello @neelay , you can still contact support for QuickSight if you select Account and billing and then QuickSight (End User) as category you should be able to log the case.

Also if you haven’t tried yet I recommend you to cancel the import and try again to see if the operation succeeds.

Thank you for posting into the QS community!