How to calculate the percentage for Pass & Fail from over all count

Good day Team,

Could you please some one assist me how can i selected for Audit percentage for batch wise.

Example, look in to the below table. For the month of June - 27 orders are passed and 93 orders are failed over all 120 orders are selected for audit out of 246. So, the selection percentage should be 49%, not sure how we can show the same in dash board.

Also, please assist how to rename the header “Null”

Try using a calculated field that calculates the sum of the failed orders and divide them by the total orders. Then add that calculated field and format it as percentage. This must be done at the analysis level.

For the null issue, create a filter that excludes null values on that visual.

Other option for the Null issue is to change the name of null values. For that go to the analysis, click on the pencil icon on the top right corner, this show the option to format the visual and there you will find the option to change the names of some fields or rows within the pivot table.

Once you modified that on the analysis and verify the results, you can then publish your dashboard.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Good day ,

Thank you, but unfortunately it didn’t work for me.

Actually the header name in data set is “Audit Status” . In table, I moved this field to column tab to get the status and this is a string value. Sum function can’t be applied for a string.

Could you please assist do we have any other options to calculate this.

Hi @tdr_Dinesh ,
Step 1: Please create a level metric aggregated at total and call that as grand total.
Step 2: Create two metrics, one for the Audit status Pass and another for Audit status Fail.
Step 3: Create a calculation between the 3 metrics: (Pass_Count + Fail_Count) / Grand_Total.

In order to rename the null, you can either create a case statement to replace the null with the choice of text or use ifnull function and create a calculated field.

Did this solution work for you? I am marking this reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community Q&A Forum!

Thanks,
Naveen

1 Like