How to connect external data sources?

I’m working on a dashboard where I want to visualize data from an external source, ClickUp and possibly sharepoint. I know that these connections directly are not allowed within QuickSight. I’m new to this so my guess is that I would need to load the data into AWS before being able to use it. I would like to use REST APIs to pull the data into AWS automatically. Has anyone done something like this or has created a solution for external data sources?

@Jose_Hernandez there are multiple ways you can do this.
simpler would be to have a job running inside or outside aws which pushes data to s3.
If this job is pushing data in a way that then can be directly used for visuals, you can just use s3 as data-source and the files as datasets and connect them to dashboard / analysis.

e.g. export all objects (table) of ClickUp as separate files and store them on s3 on a daily basis.

Hey @neelay, thanks for the response. Those two could be possibilities, I’d prefer to not have any manual steps but might have to if no other solution is found.
Looking at different resources within AWS, I see APIs and AppFlow which provide automation but no way to extract data from an external source. It’s possible within any of AWS’ services?

@Jose_Hernandez there are some connectors exist that directly connect with the third-party application (e.g. Salesforce ) But not all.
Manual step/s in between will end up helping you (mark my words)