How to creat pie chart or donut chart? I'm a newbie

Hello all,
I’m a newbie for using QuickSight
Does anyone can help me out how to create donuts chart or Pie chart? I’m having an issue with aggregate…

1. I would like to create Pie chart with percentage or amount of each item classification per year c

Thanks in advances

Hi @Byung_Ju_Park,

You can only have one dimension in a pie chart. Each slice of the pie chart should represent either an item classification or a year. If you decide that each slice should represent an item classification, you can use small multiples to show one pie chart for every year in your data.

If you want to show both item classification and year in the same visual, you can use a different visual type that allows 2 dimensions. Try using a stacked or clustered bar chart.

@David_Wong : I really appreciate you. Unfortunately, I tried with guidence but I still don’t get it. I thought that there is no issue because it is simple table,I’d better study more about QS. Thank you

Hi @Byung_Ju_Park,

If you’re new to QS or data analysis in general, I suggest starting with simple pie charts first.

The thing that you want to measure is what should go in the “Value” field well (the green box in your screenshot). What goes in the “Group/Color” field well is what you want each slice of the pie chart to represent. If you want each slice to show a year, then you should put the Year field in it.

I also suggest checking your data types in your dataset. Your Freight Cost, Miscellaneous Cost, Shipping Supply Amount and Ticket Cost fields appear to be strings. Should they be decimals instead?

1 Like

Hi @Byung_Ju_Park - Welcome to AWS QuickSight and thanks for posting the question. Please find a quick video from @duncan on Pie chart. Hope this will help you.

Regards - Sanjeeb