How to create IoT Analytics datasource from another AWS account IoT analytics dataset

Hi i try make a cross account setup. I have two account A and B.
A account collects data from Iot devices and process the data in Iot Analytics.
B account is supposed to be centralized QuickSight monitoring account.

Problem is that how i give permission to QuickSight to use A account IoT analytics datasets as datasource?
Is it possible to manage that cross account access thru IAM roles and resource based policies?

Or how it supposed to be done?

1 Like

Hi @Juvi87 - Welcome to AWS QuickSight community and thanks for posting the question. I believe via IAM and resource based you can set up a cross account connection. Can you please raise a ticket to AWS customer support team so that they can guide you in this. To raise a ticket please follow the link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support

Hi @Max_B - Any expert feedback on this?

Regards - Sanjeeb

There was a similar question - Cross-account data source access - #5 by m0ltar . Unless smth has changed since that time, it’s not possible to share QS datasets cross-accounts:

Do you mean account B dataset pointing to account A’s data source? If yes, QuickSight do not support this setup.

It’s possible to share the data via s3, redshift, rds, etc. though - Cross-account data source access - #6 by DeepakS

1 Like

Thanks @Max_B
Hi @Max - Any feedback from your side.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hi, and thanks for fast reply!

In the previous question you indicated, as far as I understand, that account B QuickSight dataset needs refer to Account A QuickSight datasource.

in my case QuickSight service in A account needs to create QuickSight DataSource from account B IoT analytics dataset which is not same that QuickSight dataset.

Hi @Juvi87 ,

For cross-account, this is more of an IOT setup . Details : Route messages across multiple accounts with AWS IoT Core and Amazon SQS | The Internet of Things on AWS – Official Blog

So i believe you would have route those messages to from A to B . Then once data is available in B , you can use it for analysis in QuickSight.

Kind regards,
Koushik

1 Like