How to enable quick updates on embedded dashboards

Hi there,

We have embedded dashboards in our application. We are finding that if we want to make a minor change to the dashboard, it needs to be re-tagged, which means we need to go through a new deployment cycle,

Is there any way to embed a dashboard in such a way that it reflects changes made in Quicksight immediately?

Thanks

Hi, can you elaborate on what you mean by “re-tagged” and what form of deployment cycle you have.

Embedded dashboards reflect the current state of the dashboard at the time of visit. This means if I have a dashboard A and it has 2 visuals today, the embedded dashboard will have 2 visuals. If the author republishes dashboard A tomorrow and adds a 3rd visual, the embedded dashboard will show 3 visuals.

Hi, @kikee122. Did @Jasmine_Wang’s solution work for you? I am marking their reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community Q&A Forum!

@Peter , @Jasmine_Wang ,

I have some scenario, I have embedded the dashboard into my application, Is there anyway I can add new visuals to the dashboard from my application itself without logging into the Quicksight console?

Could you elaborate on your use case? One way to add new visuals to the dashboard besides logging into the QuickSight console would be programmatically. Here is a link to the public documentation on it:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/reference/quicksight/update-dashboard.html

1 Like

If you want to update your dashboard from your application itself, you need to look into console embedding. This will embed the entire authoring experience in your application.

1 Like