How to freeze Panel/Row header and add border to the Row grouping

I have a pivot table in the below structure, and

1. I would like to freeze Region and Metrics, while scroll horizontally through month
  2. I would like to add border to the region group instead every single cell
    Any ideas how to accomplish that. Thanks ahead of time!

Hi @yuchen1 - I didn’t find anything handy that addresses your needs. There is a product feature request to be able to freeze pivot table columns. I’ll mark this as a feature request.

BTW, if you change the Pivot options Layout to Hierarchy will that be helpful?

Hi Thanks so much for your reply! I have noticed some difference in our designs. I am having Region in row, Month in column and then Metrics in value. I cannot add my metrics under dimension because "custom aggregation field is not allowed as dimension“. Also, you have Metrics and then Region in your Rows panel. First of all, how does your visual recognize Metrics are referring to GDP and Population? Secondly, how does your visual know Region is the first grouping and then Metrics? Thanks

Hi @yuchen1 - can you please share some sample data so that I can test it out?

I’m attaching 2 screenshots to address your questions …

1. In the screenshot the first table shows the sample data I’m using
  2. Also you’ll see if I change the row order, the grouping is changing

Also here is a blog post about: Visualize hierarchical data using the hierarchy layout for pivot tables in Amazon QuickSight

Hi @yuchen1 - did the hierarchy layout for pivot tables help you with your requirement?

Yes Debapc, thank you! Do you have thoughts on another question i asked about adding border?

Thanks @yuchen1 for getting back! Glad that hierarchy layout for pivot tables was helpful.

As of now, we don’t have option to add border to the region group. Border will get added to all the cells. I marked this for a feature request.