How to get QuickSight Dashboard & Dataset usage metrics?

Hi everyone.

I am trying to extract usage information from CloudTrail logs and I am looking for data that would track which specific sheet of the dashboard that the user has clicked on as well as which specific folder the dashboard was in. I am also interested in tracking if there is an access to a particular dataset.

It seems like the most granular data we can get regarding dashboard usage is “GetDashboard” which tracks the event of users querying the dashboard but it doesn’t provide further granular information. The same is for dataset where there are methods that would track the usage of the “creater” such as “CreateDataSet” or “Update DataSet” but I couldn’t see anything regarding tracking the access of dataset. Is there any other events that we could track beyond that?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I’m pretty sure this level of granularity isn’t available.

Hi @chrijchi,
Unfortunately this is not available at the moment. However, it is something that has been requested already. At AWS, our roadmap is primarily driven by our customers. Your feedback helps us build a better service. I have noted this in our internal feature request tracker.