How to Join 2 different datasets together (direct query dataset and spice)

Hello community!
I need help to see if this is possible to do.
I have an embedded dashboard that needs to refresh its calculations real time when a number in the database is updated.
The original dataset I created was a direct query to get directly from the database, but takes too much time because is a big query and the visuals sometimes renders and sometimes not.
I am trying now to combine spice and direct query looking for better performance.
This is what i have done so far:

• Created a direct query dataset with small portion of the query
  • Created a spice dataset with the other part of the query
  • In the direct query dataset added the spice dataset and did some left join (from right dataset (direct) to left dataset (spice))
  • added a few calculated fields.
    I am not able to see the data from the spice query, and now in the design area when clicking the direct query, is not direct query dataset anymore, is spice.
    Please i need some guidance, if there is documentation about that or if it possible at all.
    Thanks in advance.
    Tatiana.

Hi Tatiana! If you join across sources, the result must be a SPICE dataset. Here is a link to documentation details of joins in QuickSight as well as a blog post in regards to joining data across sources.

How can we join two dataset without having any common ids, Like I wanted to do Cross Join

Hello @graphs !

If you still need help with this, could you repost your question as a new topic at the top of the community? This way the community experts will be able to prioritize your question.

You can also link to this topic thread in your question.