How to migrate AWS account linked datasets to amazonbi

I have created a redshift cluster in an AWS account and linked that cluster to quicksight through VP C Connection. Now, I want the datasets created in that AWS linked Quicksight account to be accessible through amazonbi account.

Hi @riyajn , Resolving this as solution , I have sent you a message. Regards, Abiola

Hi @riyajn

1. Ensure that you have the necessary permissions: Make sure you have the required permissions to access and manage the datasets in both the QuickSight account and the Amazon BI account.

2. Share the datasets with the Amazon BI account: In the QuickSight account, navigate to the dataset you want to share. Click on the dataset and select “Share” or “Manage permissions.” Add the Amazon BI account as a user or a group and grant the necessary permissions to access the dataset.

3. Grant appropriate permissions in the Redshift cluster: In your AWS account, go to the Amazon Redshift console. Select the Redshift cluster you created and modify the cluster’s security groups to allow inbound access from the QuickSight account and the Amazon BI account.

4. Configure access in the QuickSight account: In the QuickSight account, go to the “Manage QuickSight” settings. Under the “Account Settings” tab, navigate to “Permissions.” Add the Amazon BI account’s AWS account ID and grant appropriate permissions for accessing datasets.

5. Connect to the shared datasets in the Amazon BI account: In the Amazon BI account, establish a connection to the QuickSight account’s dataset. This can typically be done through the BI tool’s interface or by providing the necessary credentials and connection details.

6. Access and use the datasets in the Amazon BI account: Once the connection is established, you should be able to access the shared datasets in the Amazon BI account. Depending on the BI tool you are using, you can explore, visualize, and analyze the data as needed.

hope that help’s

1 Like